Potluck Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sugars. In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of the sweet potatoes; sprinkle with a third of the sugar mixture. Repeat layers twice. In a small bowl, combine the butter, vanilla and salt; drizzle over potatoes. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to a serving dish; keep warm. Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over sweet potatoes.
- 3. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup sweet potato with 1/4 cup sauce: 252 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Potluck Candied Sweet Potatoes
"These are so easy and absolutely delicious! I thought I might miss the crumb topping I usually use but I did not miss it at all these are great!!"
"These are so yummy! I made them for our "Friends-giving" dinner and everyone loved them!!! Super easy too so that was a bonus!"
"Awesome dish for Thanksgiving. I especially love that it is made in the slow cooker so not to take up valuable oven space. I added a sprinkle of cinnamon to my layers and it was wonderful!"