Potluck Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, combine sugars. In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of the sweet potatoes; sprinkle with a third of the sugar mixture. Repeat layers twice. In a small bowl, combine the butter, vanilla and salt; drizzle over potatoes. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to a serving dish; keep warm. Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Potluck Candied Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
These are so yummy! I made them for our "Friends-giving" dinner and everyone loved them!!! Super easy too so that was a bonus!
Awesome dish for Thanksgiving. I especially love that it is made in the slow cooker so not to take up valuable oven space. I added a sprinkle of cinnamon to my layers and it was wonderful!