Potluck Bread Pot Fondue
Bring this fun fondue to a buffet or potluck and you'll be the toast of the gathering. Folks always ask for the recipe.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 pound chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- Assorted fresh vegetables or tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the first three ingredients. Stir in the ham,
- onions, chilies and Worcestershire sauce; set aside.
- Cut top fourth off loaf of bread; carefully hollow out top and
- bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- Spoon ham mixture into the bottom shell, mounding slightly. Replace
- top; wrap tightly with a double layer of heavy-duty foil. Bake at
- 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Stir before serving. Serve with
- reserved bread cubes, vegetables, crackers or tortilla chips.
- Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 102 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.