Potluck Barbecued Pork Sandwiches Recipe
These moist and mouthwatering sandwiches will be gobbled up at your next potluck. The tender pork pieces, simmered in a unique and tangy sauce, make people come back for seconds—sometimes, even thirds.—Evelyn Brower Holland, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 2-3/4 hours YIELD:30 servings
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (6 pounds)
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 30 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. Rub roast with pepper; place in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Transfer roast to a Dutch oven. In a small bowl, combine the broth, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, celery, onion, mustard and paprika; pour over roast. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- 3. Remove meat; shred with two forks. Return to the pan; heat through. Use a slotted spoon to fill sandwich rolls. Yield: 30 servings.
1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 326 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 582 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC