- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (6 pounds)
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 30 sandwich rolls, split
- Rub roast with pepper; place in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Transfer roast to a Dutch oven. In a small bowl, combine the broth, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, celery, onion, mustard and paprika; pour over roast. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove meat; shred with two forks. Return to the pan; heat through. Use a slotted spoon to fill sandwich rolls. Yield: 30 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
"My family really enjoyed this recipe. After searching for a long time I finally found a pulled pork recipe I will stick with. I actually like how there is no ketchup or BBQ sauce in this. It def gears toward my family's taste. Thanks so much for sharing!!!"
"I've made this several times. We raise our own pork and so I'm always looking for new recipes. I find this is a really good way to use a poor cut of meat. It is tasty enough that my husband eats it for lunch for several days after."