Potluck Banana Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- COFFEE FROSTING:
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas and sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Dissolve coffee granules in milk; add to butter mixture and beat until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Banana Cake(57)
Sort By :
didn't turn out well. didn't cook well through, very dense and heavy, doughy almost on the bottom not sure what I did wrong. seems most of the reviews are great. id try it again, but if I didn't get a great result second time, I will toss the recipie.
Very tasty moist cake, everyone loved it!
The cake is wonderful!!! I did not care for the frosting, however my 17 year old daughter loved it. I will make the cake again, but find a different frosting.
Very moist and delicious! It's easy to make too. It'll be a go-to recipe when I need to use up very ripe bananas.
We've had this cake quite a few times. The problem is that it just doesn't last verry long. Thisis a WOW. If you like bananas and a hint of coffee. .this is for you. I've never taken leftovers home. It is delicious. Best cake I ever made.