- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- COFFEE FROSTING:
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas and sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Dissolve coffee granules in milk; add to butter mixture and beat until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Banana Cake
Sort By :
"You will have to try really good"
"I made cupcakes from the recipe, it makes about 15. They were absolutely delicious !!Such a simple, good basic recipe.......very moist, very flavorful. definitely a "keeper"."
"I made this for our annual neighborhood Labor Day party and everyone wanted to know who made the banana dessert. Instead of mashing the bananas, I put both the sour cream and bananas in my blender to have a smooth batter. I also added a cup of blueberries to the batter that gave the dessert a little more juiciness and tartness. I only used the frosting on half the cake for those who preferred without any extra sweetness. It is definitely more cake-like than bread. It is a keeper for sure."
"I made this cake to take to work. It was very moist and the icing was delicious . I only gave it four stars because the cake didn't rise as much as it looked in the picture it was more like a bar than a cake . Overall the taste was very good"
"Cake was awesome. I made a cream cheese with banana icing...it was a real hit for friends and family!"