Potluck Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cans (one 15 ounces, one 8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) uncooked spaghetti
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, mushrooms, garlic powder and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream and chives; beat well. Place half of spaghetti in a greased 4-qt. baking dish. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over top. Layer with remaining spaghetti and all of the beef mixture.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Potluck Baked Spaghetti(8)
Sort By :
When I make this dish, I top it with shredded cheddar instead of the breadcrumbs. We like this better.
My family loved this dish. I've made it several times-it makes a huge casserole!-and it's always all eaten. I do use my own homemade spaghetti sauce instead of the tomato sauce blend. This is great for potluck dinners.
Was not a hit in my house at all....
@ Curlybiscuit 1; which recipe do you like for baked spaghetti better?
This is an absolute favorite in our house! My kids request it all the time for their birthday dinner. I like to halve the main ingredients, but keep the cheese layer amounts the same. SO GOOD!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Spaghetti >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >