Potluck Baked Beans Recipe
This recipe has remained a long-time favorite for picnics and family get-togethers. For those not watching their fat intake, add cheddar and Parmesan cheese. —Virginia Sander, North Hollywood, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, saute bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine the beans, brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and bacon mixture.
- 2. Pour into a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup equals 192 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC