- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, saute bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine the beans, brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and bacon mixture.
- Pour into a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Baked Beans
Sort By :
the family loved it--
this recipe has become a staple in our household!!
great recipe. I used one large can of baked beans instead of adding kidney and pinto beans. very good, will make again!
I MADE THE RECIPE EXACTLY AS WRITTEN. VERY GOOD EVERYONE HAD SECONDS. MY HUSBAND DID MENTION THAT IT WAS A LITTLE TOO SWEET. SO, NEXT TIME I WILL USE ONLY 1/4 CUP BROWN SUGAR.
I have used this recipe since 1969. The only difference is I only use Campbells Pork & Beans and add a tablespoon of yellow mustard and cook in crock pot (in oven, not electric) for 40 minutes at 375 deg.
These are by far the best baked beans I have made. Everyone loved them. I plan to make these my go to recipe.