- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, saute bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine the beans, brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and bacon mixture.
- Pour into a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Baked Beans
"This is a good baked been recipe. It makes a large batch so I froze some of it in 2 cup containers."
"I made this as is for a bbq. It was delicious!"
"These were good, simple to assemble. Flavor was similar to other bean recipes I've tried."
"I doubled the recipe and added 2lbs of maple sausage to make it a little more hearty. I also added a small can of diced chili's for some kick to counterbalance the sweetness of the brown sugar. Best baked beans I've ever made! Can't wait to take them to our potluck dinner tonight :)"
"the family loved it--this recipe has become a staple in our household!!JR Ranch"