Potluck Baked Beans Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, saute bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine the beans, brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and bacon mixture.
- Pour into a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Baked Beans(14)
Sort By :
I MADE THE RECIPE EXACTLY AS WRITTEN. VERY GOOD EVERYONE HAD SECONDS. MY HUSBAND DID MENTION THAT IT WAS A LITTLE TOO SWEET. SO, NEXT TIME I WILL USE ONLY 1/4 CUP BROWN SUGAR.
I have used this recipe since 1969. The only difference is I only use Campbells Pork & Beans and add a tablespoon of yellow mustard and cook in crock pot (in oven, not electric) for 40 minutes at 375 deg.
These are by far the best baked beans I have made. Everyone loved them. I plan to make these my go to recipe.
I love this. When I bake the beans I always put 4 or 5 slices of bacon on top to cook with the beans, I also add a bit of maple syrup or molasses to the mixture and then drizzle a little on top - over the beans and bacon
have made this recipe for years have changed it up with hamburger and cubes of ham can also spice it up with some salsa; goes over well at parties.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >