It's a cinch to mix this zesty salad together for a potluck. It'll feed a crowd and then some. For a lighter version, I use less oil and a sugar substitute for the dressing and toss in turkey bacon.
- 1 bunch romaine (1 pound), torn
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, bacon, artichoke hearts, cheese, celery and sweet peppers. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, onion, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. While processing, add oil in a steady stream; blend until thickened. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Tossed Salad in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p399
Reviews for Potluck Artichoke Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review