- Spread 1/4 cup syrup over crust. Arrange apples over syrup. Combine
- the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla and remaining syrup;
- drizzle over apples.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a bowl; cut in butter until
- the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over
- filling. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until apples are tender.
- Yield: 18-24 servings.
Editor's Note: Pastry can be easily pressed into pan by placing a large sheet of plastic wrap on top of the dough.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 307 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.