Potluck Antipasto Salad Recipe
I take this fresh-tasting, colorful salad to potluck dinners throughout the year, since everyone who tries it loves it. The pasta, garbanzo beans and pepperoni make it a nice hearty dish. —Agnes Bulkley, Hicksville, New York
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large salad bowl. Stir in the next 12 ingredients.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk oil and lemon juice. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Stir before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 290 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC