- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large salad bowl. Stir in the next 12 ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil and lemon juice. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Stir before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Antipasto Salad
"Made it for Italians & they liked it!"
"Another good recipe in a hurry!"
"This is delicious!"
"OMgoodness, this dish looks fantastic. Will definitely be making this time and time again. Thank you for sharing!"
"I got this recipe from your magazine several years ago and have made it dozens of time since then. I don't use the garbanzo beans, and sometimes add cherry tomatoes. I have also substituted italian dressing in a pinch and tastes pretty much the same as the one in the recipe. Great recipe, everybody loves it."
"<p>EXCELLENT RECIPE SAVER ENJOYED BY ALL OF OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. WE WILL MAKE AGAIN FOR FUTURE GATHERINGS</p><p>"
"I made this for Memorial Day and it was a big hit. I brought the leftovers to work the next day. All of my coworkers raved about it and to this day, I'm asked to bring it any time we do a pot luck"
"I have made this numerous times for gatherings or just for us. Sometimes I substitute vinegar for the lemon juice. Very good."