Potluck Antipasto Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, julienned
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, julienned
- 4 ounces brick or provolone cheese, julienned
- 4 ounces thinly sliced hard salami, julienned
- 3 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced chives
- BASIL VINAIGRETTE:
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, beans, vegetables, cheeses, meats, olives and chives.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Toss before serving. Yield: 18 servings.
1 cup equals 248 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Potluck Antipasto Pasta Salad
"This salad is wonderful! I made it for our granddaughter's baptism celebration and everyone loved it! (We especially liked the variety of ingredients!) I made a few changes to the dressing which included substituting my homemade pesto for the basil, adding 1 tsp. dried oregano, 1 Tbl. sugar and a little more salt...YUM! I can't wait to make it again!"
"The prep for this was daunting and I found it bland. I will try it again and experiment with adding additional seasoning."
"The husband loved it. Was easy to make. I used Italian dressing in place of the vinaigrette. Great summer time dish with a slice of homemade bread."
"My daughter ask me frequently to fix this salad for her to take for lunch to school.I prefer to use the mini pasta and the mini peperoni for her, but I also have used the garden delight penne pasta with the regular peperoni. It is one of our family favorite."
"Try whole wheat pasta or the new low carb pasta for a low carb Antipasto Salad. Very tasty - great summer potluck for church."
"Will be trying this recipe but, with whole wheat pasta..Looks good"
"I have made this several times now this summer and was demanded to bring this to a family reunion coming up. There is alot of prep with this dish but it's so worth it! Very tasty, wouldn't change a thing! Excellent!"
"Pasta and low carb don't mixKarin"
"It sounds lovely, but with the pasta present it can't be low carb :)"
"sounds good. Thanks"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.