Potluck Almond Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, butter and salt. Pat into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients; beat until smooth. Pour over crust. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a bowl, combine the sugar, butter, milk and extract; stir until smooth. Frost bars and sprinkle with almonds if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Potluck Almond Bars
Sort By :
Very good flavor, the frosting is sweet but the other two layers are not so it balances out really well. A pan never lasts long in our house!
This recipe sounds really good.
Our Board Moderator has had the butter amounts adjusted.
Wondering if the 1/2 cup butter listed with the frosting should be in the crust and the 1/3 cup in the frosting?
Haven't tried it yet as the amount of butter for the crust is not listed. Sounds wonderful otherwise.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >