- Punch down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 30-in. x
- 20-in. rectangle. In a bowl , combine the butter, brown sugar, eggs,
- vanilla, lemon extract if desired and nuts. Add about 1/2 cup milk
- until mixture reaches spreading consistency. Spread over rectangle
- to within 1 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams and
- ends to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet; shape into a tight
- spiral. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pan to a wire rack to cool. If desired, combine confectioners' sugar
- and enough milk to make a thin glaze; brush over roll. Yield: 1
- coffee cake.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 304 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.