Tamara Hanson of Big Lake, Minnesota loves this "remarkably easy dish" she prepares in her microwave, especially in summer. The buttery flavor and tender veggies make this the perfect side dish to virtually any entree.
Recommended: 23 Slow Cooker Side Dishes to the Rescue
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the potatoes, butter, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in mushrooms and peas; cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Potatoes with Mushrooms 'n' Peas in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p11
Reviews for Potatoes with Mushrooms 'n' Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2009
"Can anyone tell me where to purchase serving for "2"sized casseroles. email@example.com"
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2009
"I thought the Cooking for 2 magazine was dicontinued?tchristine"