Potatoes with Crab Sauce Recipe
Corene Thorsen, from Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, adds crab to the creamy and comforting sauce she pours over spuds. "The mild sauce allows the delicate flavor of the crab to shine through," she declares. "This combination tastes great of leftover pasta, too."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound process American cheese (Velveeta), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Pinch onion powder
- 1 package (6 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 4 hot baked potatoes
- 1. In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Reduce heat to low; add crab. With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with crab sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 674 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,285 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC