Potatoes with Crab Sauce Recipe
Corene Thorsen, from Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, adds crab to the creamy and comforting sauce she pours over spuds. "The mild sauce allows the delicate flavor of the crab to shine through," she declares. "This combination tastes great of leftover pasta, too."
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound process American cheese (Velveeta), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Pinch onion powder
- 1 package (6 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 4 hot baked potatoes
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Reduce heat to low; add crab. With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with crab sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Potatoes with Crab Sauce in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p33
Reviews for Potatoes with Crab Sauce(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2013
I too am in Wisconsin- and i had this in a restaurant- cant remember where- but it was the best -to my surprise- always wanted to know how to make it! thanks!!!!