Basil and parsley, plus a generous dash of lemon, help perk up the flavors in this pretty and appealing side dish from Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas. Starring both pasta and potatoes, it's a hearty choice to round out almost any menu.
- 3/4 pound small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepepr
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked tube pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Add 1 in. of water to a large saucepan; add the potatoes and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, basil, parsley, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and beans. Add potatoes, beans and pasta to pepper mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Potatoes with Beans 'N' Pasta in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p58
Reviews for Potatoes with Beans 'n' Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review