Potatoes Supreme Recipe
- 8 to 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine soup, 1-1/2 cups cheese, sour cream, onions, salt and pepper; stir in potatoes.
- 3. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories, 15 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Potatoes Supreme
"Good recipe. I didn't use nearly as many potatoes--maybe 4 cups cubed, which I don't think comes out to the 8-10. I did use the same amount of soup and sour cream though, and maybe 2 cups of cheese. I added ranch mix and I also made a topping out of melted butter and corn flakes (also with ranch mix sprinkled in it). Along with that I had some leftover cooked bacon in the fridge that I diced and revived in a frying pan before putting it on top of everything. Delicious! I only gave it 4 stars because I think without my toppings and ranch mix it might've been a little boring and dry if I had used as many potatoes."
"I thought this was good. My company really liked it. But I don't like how the sour cream looks when cooked. Looks like cottage cheese. Other then that it was a wonderful side dish. I feed 14 people with this side dish."
"The onlchange I make is I use frozen hash browns. It's more convenient. Also, you can use any condensed cream soup (I like cream of mushroom)"
"easy to make, the only thing i did different was add bacon bits. whole family loved it."
"being from Idaho we eat alot of tators.try adding bacon bits and about a half a cup of frenchs dry onions.you can use the whole can of onions we really liked the onion on top"
"My sister made a variation of this recipe (a little more sour cream, minus the soup)...delicious!!! A great side for so many different entrees"
"it was very good. I would definitely make it again."
"very easy and loaded with flavor"