Potatoes Supreme Recipe
Hailing from the state known for its potatoes, I thought I'd send in this recipe. Every time my grandson comes home from college, he asks me to make it. In fact, it's the whole family's favorite potato dish.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 8 to 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine soup, 1-1/2 cups cheese, sour cream, onions, salt and pepper; stir in potatoes.
- 3. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories, 15 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC