Potatoes Soup Recipe
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 small celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup cream until smooth; add to slow cooker. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, bacon, cilantro and remaining cream.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Ladle into bowls; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Potatoes Soup(22)
Sort By :
A winner! We replaced the whipping cream with milk (it was all we had) and added crushed red pepper flakes. It turned out great.
I made this for the first time last night and it was AMAZING!!!! This soup is going to be a regular meal in our house. My son recently got his first deer, so I added some ground venison to the soup and it just made it that much better. The roasted red peppers and cilantro are a must! They add soooooo much flavor! An excellent soup!!!!
I make this recipe A LOT. I have made a couple of changes to it though... I add a can of corn (undrained) in place of the roasted sweet red peppers. I also use those baby red potatoes and I leave the skins on. It's AMAZING. Most of the time when I make this soup I have used bacon, but it is also really good with cubed ham. Seriously though, do NOT forget the cilantro. It adds so much flavor to the soup. It's probably the best potato soup I've ever eaten, and my husband agrees. Thick, creamy, and very hearty!
I agree with maupinsgirl. This is the best potatoe soup I have ever tasted. After reading all the wonderful comments on this recipe, I decided to make a double batch. I'm so glad I did. My two grown girls and I like to freeze meals for lunches and we also like to exchange our cooking. Of course they wanted the recipe. Who wouldn't? Thanks TOH for sharing this recipe.
It was really good. Maybe just a tad to thick but everyone ate it right up. I used bacon bit cause its the only thing I had on hand. Next time I will use real bacon
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chowder Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Irish Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Soup >
- Potato Soup Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Soup Recipes >