I came up with this potato and egg recipe one summer when relatives came to visit. It was a well received by everyone! To save time, you can use frozen hash browns.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed (1/4-inch cubes)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter until tender.
- Add potatoes and chilies; toss to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the
- eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper; pour over the potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 266 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.