Potatoes for a Crowd Recipe
- 5 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 7-1/2 cups milk
- 5 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 5 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 pound butter, melted
- 1 package (12 ounces) cornflakes, crushed
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 10 packages (2 pounds each) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1. In several large bowls, combine all ingredients. Transfer to 10 greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 10 casseroles (about 10 servings each).
3/4 cup: 74 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Potatoes for a Crowd
"Breaking it down is easy; just divide each ingredient by 10 (the number of casseroles it makes). You will have half-used cans of things, but you can use them for later dishes."
"Can someone break this recipe down for like one casserole? It sounds good but not that much!"
"Potatoes for a Crowd: I was wondering if this recipe can be made in a NESCO 18 quart roaster? I would love to be able to make this for a family reunion but, not sure if this whole recipe will work in the roaster. Can anyone help?[email protected]"