Potatoes and Carrots Au Gratin Recipe
I found this recipe in a local farm publication. I guess that's fitting, because whenever I make it, I use fresh vegetables grown on our farm. This hearty recipe comes in handy whether you're feeding some hardworking farmers, or a large group at a potluck supper. I've found that a shredder works well for preparing the vegetables and cuts down on baking time.
- 2-1/2 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1. In a greased 2-qt. casserole, place potatoes, carrots, green pepper and onion. Combine half the cheese and remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables; gently toss. Bake at 350°, covered, 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Top with remaining cheese; bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes more. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 180 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Potatoes and Carrots Au Gratin
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC