Potatoes, Peas & Pearl Onions
A quick and easy but elegant side dish for all kinds of meat entrees, this delicious blend of potatoes, pearl onions and peas is a favorite with Priscilla Gilbert in Indian Harbour Beach, Florida.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated red potato wedges
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/3 cups frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Place potatoes and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and
- microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender;
- drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pearl onions in butter for 2
- minutes. Add the cream, broth, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until
- onions are tender. Stir in the peas, green onions and reserved
- potatoes; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 227 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium,