Potatoes, Peas & Pearl Onions Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated red potato wedges
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/3 cups frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1. Place potatoes and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pearl onions in butter for 2 minutes. Add the cream, broth, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in the peas, green onions and reserved potatoes; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 227 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Potatoes, Peas & Pearl Onions
"I thought this was okay but not great. I could not find the Simply Potatoes Wedges so I just bought fresh red skins and cut them up myself."