“I make these potato wedges all the time because my husband won’t eat anything fried,” writes Deborah Lacher of Deerfield, Ohio. “I couldn’t find the dip I wanted in the grocery store, so I made my own.”
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 1 large baking potato
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash garlic salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- BACON HORSERADISH DIP:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- Pierce potato and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 3 minutes or until still firm but almost tender. Cut into eight wedges; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spritz wedges with olive oil-flavored spray; sprinkle with salt, garlic salt and cayenne. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the dip ingredients. Serve with potato wedges. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Potato Wedges with Dip in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p61
Reviews for Potato Wedges with Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2015
"I have used this recipe several times, and my whole family loves them, even the picky eater. Wonderful alternative which pairs well with plenty of main dishes."
Reviewed May. 4, 2014
"This is an easy and tasty alternative to French fries."