When I'm in a hurry and my family wants a hearty breakfast, I often make these easy waffles. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the subtle potato flavor.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine potato flakes, flour, baking powder and
- salt. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, eggs and oil; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 waffles (about 6-3/4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 231 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 427 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.