When I'm in a hurry and my family wants a hearty breakfast, I often make these easy waffles. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the subtle potato flavor.
Recommended: Breakfast Ideas for People Who Don't Like Eggs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/3 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine potato flakes, flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, eggs and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
Originally published as Potato Waffles in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p43
Reviews forPotato Waffles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review