- 1-1/3 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine potato flakes, flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, eggs and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
Originally published as Potato Waffles in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p43
Reviews for Potato Waffles(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2012
This is a quick, easy and delicious recipe! I mixed in one half cup of ham and one half cup of brown rice, and they still turned out lovely! Served them with creamed chipped beef on top. My whole family (all males) loved them!