Potato Vegetable Medley Recipe
"Vegetables star in this fresh-tasting and colorful side dish," writes field editor Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana. "The mild seasoning lets their natural goodness come through. Just because you're cooking a small portion doesn't mean you can't use a variety of produce."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and quartered
- 1 small onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, divided
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, combine the potatoes, carrots, onion, broth and 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Stir in zucchini and remaining seasoned salt. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC