"Vegetables star in this fresh-tasting and colorful side dish," writes field editor Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana. "The mild seasoning lets their natural goodness come through. Just because you're cooking a small portion doesn't mean you can't use a variety of produce."
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and quartered
- 1 small onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, divided
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, combine the potatoes, carrots, onion, broth and 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Stir in zucchini and remaining seasoned salt. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Potato Vegetable Medley in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p10
Reviews for Potato Vegetable Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2011
"My husband hates ALL cooked veggies, and my son is pretty picky as well. I was shocked that they both liked this, and I thought it was amazing! Definitely will be a regular for us."