Potato Tossed Salad
Instead of serving potato salad plus a tossed salad, I combine the two into one unique and colorful recipe that's met with many compliments. The red potatoes take on added flavor as they marinate.
-Priscilla Weaver, Hagerstown, Maryland
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound small red potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first five ingredients. Add
- potatoes and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Drain,
- reserving dressing.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. Arrange tomatoes, cucumber,
- onion, cheese and potatoes on top. Drizzle with the reserved
- dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 177 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.