Potato-Topped Chili Loaf
You'll come to rely on this featuring a flavorful meat loaf topped with fluffy mashed potatoes. Add a green salad and you have a complete meal. - Judy Martinez, Weverville, California
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over the
- mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. In a bowl,
- combine the potatoes, corn and onions; mix well. Spread over meat
- loaf. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 3-5
- minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 410 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 1,160 mg sodium,