- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 slices white bread, torn
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the bread, potatoes and parsley. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Potato Stuffing
"I had leftover mashed potatoes, and needed a side dish for ham. I added eggs and used a lot more bread. Any way you make it, it's a good side."
"my mom always made this with our turkey at thanksgiving but with the addition of sage and poultry seasoning diced celery and onion and grounds cooked chicken livers and gizzards this make a really delicious stuffing and better reheated later"
"Really good! Great way to use leftover mashed potatoes. I added about 2 T of dried sage to make it more to my husband & my liking."
"Made this for dinner last night and it was delicious. My daughter does not like mashed potatoes, but she really enjoyed this dish. Had some leftovers and today I made potato cakes fried in butter. Very tasty."
"I have been making this recipe for many years but the only difference is that I use some thyme leaves and my family just loves it."