- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 slices white bread, torn
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the bread, potatoes and parsley. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Potato Stuffing
Sort By :
"Really good! Great way to use leftover mashed potatoes. I added about 2 T of dried sage to make it more to my husband & my liking."
"Made this for dinner last night and it was delicious. My daughter does not like mashed potatoes, but she really enjoyed this dish. Had some leftovers and today I made potato cakes fried in butter. Very tasty."
"I have been making this recipe for many years but the only difference is that I use some thyme leaves and my family just loves it."