Potato Stuffing Casserole Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 slices bread, cubed
- 4 to 5 large potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Additional parsley
- 1. In a medium skillet, saute celery and onion in 2 tablespoons of butter until tender. Add bread cubes and stir until lightly browned. Stir in potatoes, parsley, salt, pepper, milk and egg; mix well.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Dot with remaining butter. Bake at 350°, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with additional parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 258 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Potato Stuffing Casserole
"Very tasty. Was disappointed that the bread didn't add more crunch. Croutons ?"
"This is a great casserole. Wonderful on a cold night."