Potato Stuffing Casserole Recipe
I adapted this recipe from a Pennsylvania Dutch cookbook, and it's indicative of the fine German cooking found in this area. If you're looking for an alternative to mashed potatoes, try this dish. —Elsa Kerschner, Kunkletown, Pennsylvania
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 slices bread, cubed
- 4 to 5 large potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Additional parsley
- 1. In a medium skillet, saute celery and onion in 2 tablespoons of butter until tender. Add bread cubes and stir until lightly browned. Stir in potatoes, parsley, salt, pepper, milk and egg; mix well.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Dot with remaining butter. Bake at 350°, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with additional parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 258 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Potato Stuffing Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC