- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 slices bread, cubed
- 4 to 5 large potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Additional parsley
- In a medium skillet, saute celery and onion in 2 tablespoons of butter until tender. Add bread cubes and stir until lightly browned. Stir in potatoes, parsley, salt, pepper, milk and egg; mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Dot with remaining butter. Bake at 350°, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with additional parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Potato Stuffing Casserole in Country February/March 1993, p49
Reviews for Potato Stuffing Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2015
"Very tasty. Was disappointed that the bread didn't add more crunch. Croutons ?"
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2007
"This is a great casserole. Wonderful on a cold night."