Potato-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
Even veggie-fearing kids will eat these up. Be sure not to bake the tomatoes much longer than 10 minutes or they might soften and fall apart.—Country Woman Test Kitchen, Greendale, WI
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Sprinkle salt on the insides of the tomatoes; invert onto paper towels and let drain for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the potatoes, parsley, 1 tablespoon cheese and onion. Spoon into tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Place in a small baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 98 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Potato-Stuffed Tomatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC