Even veggie-fearing kids will eat these up. Be sure not to bake the tomatoes much longer than 10 minutes or they might soften and fall apart.—Country Woman Test Kitchen, Greendale, WI
Recommended: 48 Ways to Cook Fresh, Juicy Tomatoes
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Sprinkle salt on the insides of the tomatoes; invert onto paper towels and let drain for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the potatoes, parsley, 1 tablespoon cheese and onion. Spoon into tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place in a small baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Potato-Stuffed Tomatoes in Country Woman December/January 2010, p38
Reviews for Potato-Stuffed Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review