- 2 small tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Sprinkle salt on the insides of the tomatoes; invert onto paper towels and let drain for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the potatoes, parsley, 1 tablespoon cheese and onion. Spoon into tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place in a small baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Potato-Stuffed Tomatoes in Country Woman December/January 2010, p38
Reviews for Potato-Stuffed Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >