For an eye-appealing twist on traditional mashed potatoes, serve this tempting side alongside ham, chicken or your favorite meat loaf.
8 ServingsPrep/ Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen mashed potatoes
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Pepper to taste
- 4 medium green or red sweet peppers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare potatoes with milk and butter according to package
- directions. Stir in dressing mix and season with pepper; set aside.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; do not remove the tops. Remove stems
- and seeds. Place in an ungreased microwave-safe 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Spoon potatoes into pepper
- halves. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until peppers
- are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Yield: 8 servings.