- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen mashed potatoes
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Pepper to taste
- 4 medium green or red sweet peppers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare potatoes with milk and butter according to package directions. Stir in dressing mix and season with pepper; set aside.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; do not remove the tops. Remove stems and seeds. Place in an ungreased microwave-safe 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Spoon potatoes into pepper halves. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Potato-Stuffed Peppers(8)
Sort By :
Thank you for the simple new way to stuff peppers!
I added some ground beef and used fresh mashed potatoes.
I prefer my peppers raw for this recipe and I used real potatoes baked in the oven. I added milk and sour cream to make them creamy and fluffy. Still VERY VERY good. I will be keeping this recipe!
Why must you be SO RUDE in all of your reviews? If you don't like the recipe please find a tactful well to express it without being rude and hurtful!
I like the twist of using mashed potatoes - but I'll make mine from scratch!!! I think I'll try using Herb & Garlic Philly cream cheese or the new Dill or even Sundried Tomato & Basil in place of the packaged ranch dressing and cheddar cheese. I might even try ranch dressing and cheddar. Now that the seed has been planted I can think of a number of variation! I'm thinking these would be good for a buffet/family reunion and kept warm on one of my heated serving trays... I was brought up making mashed potatoes with warm milk and butter but everyone has liked when I add creamed cheese instead for a switch.