Potato-Stuffed Kielbasa Recipe
Flavorful sausages are topped with mashed potatoes and cheese for this hearty meal-in-one from Margery Bryan. "This is a quick dish to prepare, and everyone likes it," assures the Royal City, Washington cook.
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut sausage into four pieces; cut each piece lengthwise to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open sausage pieces so they are flat; place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion and mustard; spoon in mounds over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 506 calories, 36 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 1,334 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC