Flavorful sausages are topped with mashed potatoes and cheese for this hearty meal-in-one from Margery Bryan. "This is a quick dish to prepare, and everyone likes it," assures the Royal City, Washington cook.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut sausage into four pieces; cut each piece lengthwise to within 1/2
- in. of opposite side. Open sausage pieces so they are flat; place in
- a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion and mustard; spoon in
- mounds over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 506 calories, 36 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 1,334 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer