Flavorful sausages are topped with mashed potatoes and cheese for this hearty meal-in-one from Margery Bryan. "This is a quick dish to prepare, and everyone likes it," assures the Royal City, Washington cook.
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut sausage into four pieces; cut each piece lengthwise to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open sausage pieces so they are flat; place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion and mustard; spoon in mounds over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Potato-Stuffed Kielbasa in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p48
Reviews for Potato-Stuffed Kielbasa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review