Potato Spinach Casserole
As much as my family loves mashed potatoes, once in a while I'll want to dress them up by preparing this recipe. Spinach and chive give this potato dish wonderful flavor, not to mention terrific color.—Mary Allen, Orange, California
10-12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2/3 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until
- tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the milk, butter, salt and
- pepper; beat until light and fluffy. Stir in the spinach, chives and
- dill. Spread in a greased 2-1/2-qt. casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 109 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.