As much as my family loves mashed potatoes, once in a while I'll want to dress them up by preparing this recipe. Spinach and chive give this potato dish wonderful flavor, not to mention terrific color.—Mary Allen, Orange, California
Recommended: Top 10 Casserole Recipes
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2/3 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the milk, butter, salt and pepper; beat until light and fluffy. Stir in the spinach, chives and dill. Spread in a greased 2-1/2-qt. casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Potato Spinach Casserole in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p41
Reviews for Potato Spinach Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review