- 24 Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown® Mild Pork Sausage Breakfast Links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sliced green beans, partially cooked
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a heavy saucepan, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove sausage to paper towels to drain. Drain skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute the celery, onion, thyme and salt in the reserved drippings until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth and water, stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add potatoes; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In blender, cover and process 2 cups soup mixture until smooth; return to kettle. Add the milk, beans and sausage; heat through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Potato Soup with Sausage
"This recipe came out so good. I need to put the leftovers in the refrigerat right now so I don't eat the whole pot. It is more of a stew but I couldn't be more pleased with the taste."
"Very easy to make."
"Great soup, comes together quickly. It is very thick, so I added some chicken stock. The seasoning is timid, but adding just a little more salt and pepper was sufficient to liven it up. Highly recommend."
"Loved by everyone, including a 7 mo old bUsed non"
"This is one of my family's favorites. Ham works fine too. Sometimes I use fresh rosemary instead of thyme. And yes it does turn out pretty thick."