Potato Soup With Beans Recipe
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook carrots in butter for 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth, potatoes, garlic and dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. With a slotted spoon, remove half of the potatoes to a bowl; mash with a fork. Return to pan. Stir in the beans. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sour cream and pepper; add to soup. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 225 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Potato Soup With Beans
"Loved the combination of carrots, beans, and potatoes. Added a bit more flour and some cream per our preferences."