Potato Soup in Bread Bowls
This heartwarming main course from Cheryl Cor of Auburn, Washington helps her husband get a swift yet satisfying meal on the table when she's at work. “He loves clam chowder and this simple recipe lets him prepare it in just minutes,” she writes.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (18.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve chunky baked potato with cheddar and bacon bits soup
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, drained
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 round loaves (8 ounces each) sourdough bread
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; heat
- Meanwhile, cut a thin slice off the top of each loaf; set aside.
- Hollow out loaves, leaving 3/4-in. shells (discard removed bread or
- save for another use). Ladle soup into bread bowls; replace tops.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 512 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 1,850 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.