Potato Soup in Bread Bowls Recipe
This heartwarming main course from Cheryl Cor of Auburn, Washington helps her husband get a swift yet satisfying meal on the table when she's at work. “He loves clam chowder and this simple recipe lets him prepare it in just minutes,” she writes.
- 2 cans (18.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve chunky baked potato with cheddar and bacon bits soup
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, drained
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 round loaves (8 ounces each) sourdough bread
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; heat through.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut a thin slice off the top of each loaf; set aside. Hollow out loaves, leaving 3/4-in. shells (discard removed bread or save for another use). Ladle soup into bread bowls; replace tops. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 512 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 1850mg sodium, 85g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein .
Reviews for Potato Soup in Bread Bowls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC